Welcome to “Becoming an Empowered Leader”.
Knowing what to do as a manager is a core first step in making the transition into the role. Knowing how to do it and becoming competent is key in doing the role confidently and with less stress. But the impact you have in this role – whether it is resoundingly positive – or negative – depends on your level of self-empowerment. Empowered Leaders, empower! In this course, we give you the road map to becoming a high performing manager and empowered leader.
This course represents part of, or maybe even the start of your journey from clinician to becoming a manager.
This program is for people who are moving up in the ranks or have already made the move and want clarity around what the job really is, how to transition from being just a manager, to being a great manager and an empowered leader!
During the program you will:
- Examine the stages of transition, how your perspective shifts, and the challenges of transition.
- Identify the many dimensions and roles of the nurse manager’s job and what skills are required for high performance.
- Look at how management styles impact on team performance and how your self-empowerment influences this. You will diagnose and design your management style so that you have the most constructive impact on your team possible
- Develop your own Transition Plan to accelerate your transition with less stress.
- Join our Practice Lab to apply all the theory to your work context so you start practicing right now!
Management & Leadership Self-Assessment (insert link)