1.1.3 Aspiring – The Decision (edit and insert 1.2.3 video)

Topic

1.1.3 Aspiring – The Decision (edit and insert 1.2.3 video)

Topic Progress:

You might be doing in-charge shifts but not always; or you might even be an experienced clinical consultant and now wondering whether stepping into the nurse manager role more permanently is for you.  You are sitting on the brink of taking the leap and become a manager.

In this video, I discuss the aspiring stage – the point when we make a conscious decision to become a manager.

Here are 3 things that you need to do right now:

1. Think carefully and answer for yourself – “Why do I want to become a nurse manager?” Share your reason in the comments below. Now you probably already uncovered this when you did you mission and vision.  But this is very specific about the role – can becoming a manager enable you to achieve your mission and vision?
  2. At this point, I would strongly urge you to find a great example of a leader – a leader you would like to be – and use them as your role model – or even better ask them to mentor you!!  They might even be able to provide you with an opportunity to work as a manager with them.
  3. Start networking with nurse managers at networking events to meet other nurses like yourselves, as well as those who have been on the journey for longer and might even be your mentor!

In our next lesson, we have a look at what it means to be beginning the journey.

@

Not recently active