In this video, I will share 6 quick tips to get you start on the right path right now.
1. Create your Plan – Reveal where you are on your success path and what you need to do. You did this in Lesson 1.1.2 – you did do that didn’t you?? If you didn’t do it in Lesson 1.1.2 then down load the self-assessment now and complete it.)
2. Believe in your right to lead! Find your power as a leader and step into it.
3. Adopt an empowering mindset – Believe in your people’s need to excel and empower them to do so.
4. Get a mentor.
5. Join a community of managers and leaders that supports you.
I sure hope you said you already joined a community – that’s us!!! But if you want to see us in the flesh so to speak, then make sure you join us in one of our regular Nurse & Midwife Manager Network events.
6. Back yourself and actively seek out opportunities to develop the skills you lack – continuously! Do not wait for some else to do this for you!
Because you are here, with us today, I know you are the type of person who does back yourself and takes responsibility for your own growth and your own leadership journey.
- Which one of these have you already done – and which do you need help with?
- What else would you suggest we try?