You know you are in the right place when your values and mission matches those of the organisation. But too often, it is only when you are applying for the job that you even really investigate what is important to this organisation and what its big priorities are. (BTW – this is an important key to getting that job – so if you are not getting the job you want try dong this research!!).
In this video, we look sorting out what is important to your organisation.
- Set up a regular catchup in your boss’s diary to sort out priorities and expectations for the week.
- Apart for asking your boss, how else will you know what is important to the organisation and what is priorities are?
- Check out it’s strategic plan, mission, values and the strategic priorities for the year.
- How can your team contribute to these? What is its mission/purpose and values? Engage your team in this conversation so they are completely aligned and understand what is important, why and where they should be spend their efforts.
- Draft a brief unit plan that will guide your team for the coming year. Down load the worksheet to help guide this process.